Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller for ECG (Holter monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krneki10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Since I have very little previous experience with microcontrollers, I'm looking for an advice on which microcontroller to get that will be appropriate for Holter monitoring (ECG signals from external circuit with 3 channels)? It should be ass small as possible with low battery usage (because of for 24 h+ monitoring) and good enough performance for ECG application. As far as connectivity goes, I will use Bluetooth and maybe Wi-Fi, but Bluetooth is crucial for sure. Are there any suitable microcontrollers with Bluetooth integrated or would I have to pair it with external BT module? If that is the case, which combination would you then recommend to me?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Since I have very little previous experience with microcontrollers, I'm looking for an advice on which microcontroller to get that will be appropriate for Holter monitoring (ECG signals from external circuit with 3 channels)? It should be ass small as possible with low battery usage (because of for 24 h+ monitoring) .......

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

for low power consumption ,
check with Texas instruments MSP430 , AVR and some PIC variations microcontrollers.(not in the order of preference)

Bluetooth integration may not be available ready made.
but some members of this forum would have used such controller.
they can advise on...

Select a controller with smaller size and low power. Take a Bluetooth dongle interface that with the microcontroller that is the best method for your project.

Hi,

bluetooth: there are several modes. The longer the distance, the more power...
To save more power on bluetooth, you could enable it on demand (key press) or used timed slots...

Also you need to carefully select OPAMPs and ADC to get good signal with low power.

Klaus

I wore a little Holter monitor all day and all night a few times. It had about 8 sensor pads. It was powered by three AAA alkaline cells and it did not transmit to a receiver, instead it recorded my heartbeat waveform. Whenever I did an activity I was asked to fill in a list with what I did and when. "Yes doctor, that was when my wife and I had S**.":wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back