Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller+code suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

slogin5

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
A part of my project consists of receiving an analog ac signal and my goal is to create a bpf to detect only signals in the 2-10Hz frequency range and write their time to memory.
So,can anyone recommend a microcontroller with an a to d,a memory(flash) and a usb interface so i can read the memory with a pc?
Plus,does anyone have a good algorithm or a code for such a bpf in c or any other language,mine is a bit complicated.
Thanks.

you can you PIC18F4550, 8 bits microcontroller, it consists 102 KSps 10 bits 16 channel A/D, full speed USB 2.0 interface and internal memory of 32KB, USB firmware is ready from Microchip corpopration under the name "Microchip USB framewok for PIC18F and PIC24F".
the BPF technique i think you should know, hope you don't need to much floating point units cause they are not much inside this microcontroller , if this PIC didn't work with you then you can use microcontroller from dsPIC family like dsPIC30F4011/4012 but this type doesn't contain USB interface.
good luck :)

slogin5

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
I am new to microcontrollers and want to design a system that also has Usb and flash.
I will only need about 30k data memory for storing information from a sensor for about a week,is it possible to write to the flash program memory in a battery powered device(without any programmers or pc,the pic recieves the data and writes it)?If so,how power hungry is it?
If no,how do I interface the pic usb to an external flash memory so I can read it with a PC using the PIC's usb channel?
The microcontroller I can get is PIC18F87J50 family or PIC18F4550,will it suit me?
Thank you.

from the first sight I think PIC18F4550 is suitable but I'm afraid of the 30K you need cause the firmware and some other processes will take size, if the PIC18F87J50 has a larger memory size then move to it or use external serial EEPROM with your design.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back