Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller and receipt printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

czpir

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
srp-350 hindi

Greetings

Could some one point me in the right direction to select components and interface a receipt printer mechanism (the small printers that come on POS terminals etc,) and a 8bit micro like the AVR.

Are there any printers that support a serial interface ????

TIA

microcontroller receipt printer

i can help if you need a thermal printer.. You have to mention the brand of the PRINTER HEAD too !

printer head microcontroller

Salam,

Do you any info how to load my custom characters into this printer using MicroController ? I want to write in ARABIC for example.

Samsung SRP-350 (Serial)

Thanks very much

avr receipt printer

Guys ... I have designed printers for long time .. one thing you need to know is "THERE IS NO STANDARD .. so if you need to download a FONT .. well some printers may support that and others NOT! ..
To design a printer is very easy ..(at least it was to ME ..when i switched to TRISCEND chips .. they're gone now ..SORRY ME !) .Most printers have some sort of ASIC that has fixed FONTS .. in particuliar the SEIKO .
I can't support any particuliar brand .. But i will be more than willing to help my ELEKTRODA brothers to design one . Tell me what you need a Thermal or other ..

samsung srp-350 plus with microcontroller

Salam,

Thermal Printer,

SphinX

interface receipt printer with microcontroller

Thanks for the comments. I did some research and found that several companies ship a small printer mechanism that can be used for portable applications.

I am looking at a dot matrix impact type printer to keep consumable costs low.

Is anybody familiar with this and the kind of interfacing required from a micro ?

TIA

Small printers in POS are thermal or (less frequently) impact printers. All these have a serial interface, so no problem to drive it whit a microcontroller. If you want some unusual character set then you must deal whit a graphical-like printing using ASCII special characters to drive the printer line-by-line at a required resolution. This is a long and dirty job, but work whit virtually all printer of the kind you want to use.

I have managed to get the following information

Companines like E**pson and Ci**tizen provide the basec printer mechanism but the interface (serial or parallel) is available as a seperate board.

The printer mechanims has a wire out for the data, motor control etc, and if the controller is not used then the motors and solenoids need to be controlled from the MCU.

Any ideas on these type of controllers ?

TIA

Just following up any ideas on the controller board for the printer, either dotmatrix or thermal.

Thanks.

hi, i'm doing a similar project. can you tell me what printer/microc that u eventually used?

Status
Not open for further replies.