Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip PICkit3 can program PIC installed in the circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

i have 1 issue....i cannot remove and install PIC16F628A and many other PIC's. I have read that this all supports ICSP...so is it possible to connect PICKIT3 from microchip to the circuit in whihch pic is installed and i can program it directly without removing chip and placing it on universal programmer ?

also...i m uinsg MikroC to generate .hex file how to do the same with MpLAB IDE ?

need some light...as i m new to it....

It is possible to program the PICs in-circuit. But you must ensure that the circuit connections (with the programming pins) don't interfere with the programming.

In MPLAB, just like in mikroC, you need to build the project to generate the hex file. However, in MPLAB, you may also directly program the microcontroller from within MPLAB itself.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks Tahmid,
But what do you mean by interference with programing pins? I do I need to keep this pins unused? I or simply j can put dip switch or resistor?

Of course you can use them in the circuit. Disconnect them from the circuit if necessary, when programming. The simplest way is to use a DIP switch or jumpers to switch connections between programming/circuit use. You may not even need it depending on your circuit. You may find that it's enough to simply connect the programming pins to the programmer.

You should upload a simple diagram of your circuit and that could be used as an example to help you understand.

The requirements for isolation of ICSP pins are given in the Microchip programmers (ICD, PICkit) user manuals. You don't need switches with a reasonably designed application circuit.

Of course you can use them in the circuit. Disconnect them from the circuit if necessary, when programming. The simplest way is to use a DIP switch or jumpers to switch connections between programming/circuit use. You may not even need it depending on your circuit. You may find that it's enough to simply connect the programming pins to the programmer.

You should upload a simple diagram of your circuit and that could be used as an example to help you understand.

here's is the image...please tell me...how i should connect ? as i read in the manual i got with pickit3 PGD & PGC already have isolation and doesn't required any more resisor. So should i put resistor for MCLR/VDD/VSS ? awaiting your reply...

As long as the button isn't closed during programming, the MCLR pull-up is just O.K. I'm not sure about RB6 (PGC) isolation, but most likely floating state of the digit drive pins gives sufficient isolation.

Reactions: pritee

pritee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back