Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microblaze and designing custom ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

corleone2463

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microblaze and custom ip

hello evry bdy
i have just started working on microblaze processor ....now im planning to build custom ip (anything like a small sequential ckt or a state machine ) and connect it with microblaze ...on fpga .....i dnt know how to build custom ips for microblaze intefacing can nebdy help me plz

It has been a while since I done this so please excuse any mistakes!

I interfaced some custom and some generated IP to a MicroBlaze by using the Fast Simplex Links (FSLs). I thought they looked the easier bus to use in the limited time I had for the project.

You have to write your IP to conform to the FSL interface, or you can put the IP in a 'wrapper' that makes it compliant.

With the Xiilnx software you can generate a FSL IP and start from there.

At one point I got frustrated with the FSLs and was going to route everything off the FPGA and back in using GPIO :D.

try to write a simple adder and port it as a custom IP along with microblaze.. that will a good step to start with.. Refer the tutorials given below for knwing howto add an custom peripheral..

Reactions: dew12

dew12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back