Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MICRF022 AND DS1086 Spread-Spectrum EconOscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

noureddine1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, is this design will work or not is there any effect on received frequency?

Attachments

• RF.jpg
    RF.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 107

Could you rephrase that question? Preferably with something more descriptive?

I want to replace the crystal with DS1086 Spread-Spectrum EconOscillator as shown in the last post the reason why i want to do that is to design a multi channel reciever 433.925 - 434.565 MHz with 120khz spacing.
my quation is, is the DS1086 adequate for this substitution (oscillator tolerance)?

Attachments

• RF1.jpg
    RF1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 103

The function of the resonator, as far as the RF communications link goes, is to transmit on an expected frequency channel. Somehwere else there is a receiver, that you tune to the same channel, and expect to receive that transmitted energy.

IF you replace the clock resonator with a clock that is jumping around in frequency, then you will be transmitting on random center frequencies. If the span of the transmitted frequencies exceeds the bandwidth of the receiver, then you will be throwing away some of the bits (ie. making bit errors).

So, the question is: with the spread spectrum clock modulating the transmit frequency, are you still within the receiver's bandwidth? If so, you are good to go. If not, you can not use this method.

(BTW, this assumes OOK. It would not work with FSK, for instance!)

the Transmitter is based around MAX7057 (300MHz to 450MHz Frequency-Programmable ASK/FSK Transmitter) configured in ASK mode drived by 16Mhz crystal.

to transmit data on frequency of 315Mhz:
Decimal value to program transmit frequency registers = (F(RF)/F(XTAL) – 16) x 4046

The internal register must be programmed with this value 15104 (3B00 (hex))

The MICRF002 is a single chip ASK/OOK (ON-OFF Keyed) RF receiver IC. it cover 300MHZ to 430MHZ

F(LO) = F(TX) ± (0.86 (F(TX)/ 315))
F(OSC) = F(LO)/64.5

To recieve data on 315MHZ the referance oscillator must be 4.8970MHz. this value is covred by DS1086.

The DS1086 is a programmable through I2C protocol it genarat a frequency signal from 260kHz to 133MHz.

as explened do you think that method can be used?
whats the effecte of tolerance 0.7% (DS1086) on frequency deviation? and how i can design the bandpass filter and match it to antenna input ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back