Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Michochip Masters (A lot of info about pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telfo2002

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is the official site for "Masters 2002: Microchip Summer Exchange Technical Review". A lot of application notes.

**broken link removed**

Enjoy

Microchip Master 2003 available

**broken link removed**

The motor tutorials are quite good.

Regards,

mimoto

I am a beginner with pic mcu's. Can you please let me know what is the fastest and easiest way to get up and running with pics? Like which pic is the easiest to learn and work with for now and what tutorial would be best. These tutorials seem like a nice place to start, only problem is which one?

Thanks

Tomby said:
I am a beginner with pic mcu's. Can you please let me know what is the fastest and easiest way to get up and running with pics? Like which pic is the easiest to learn and work with for now and what tutorial would be best. These tutorials seem like a nice place to start, only problem is which one?

Thanks

If you're new to MCU's I would reccomend you to use the Atmel AVR instedad of PIC.
I thinks it is easier to use and learn the arcitecture of the AVR than the PIC.

This is a goood place to start: www.avrfreaks.net

www.atmel.com/products/avr/

PIC vs AVR is an old dispute.
I think that PIC are better to start from, because U can download a free Assembly Suite and ask for free samples. Otherways once learnt PIC you can pass to ATmega

mrm said:
I think that PIC are better to start from, because U can download a free Assembly Suite and ask for free samples.

You can also download a free assembly suite for AVR (AVR Studio): http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2725
You can also order free samples from Atmel.

You can can even get a free C compiler for AVR (AVR GCC), you can't get a free C compiler for PIC: **broken link removed**
The professional compilers are also cheaper for AVR than for PIC.

Tomby said:

Thanks

This is a good place to start if you want to program PIC's in C:
http://microchipC.com
The site name looks like microchip, but it has no relations to microchip.

Here's another good site: www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/5807/dat.html

On starting days it will be best to have a bootloader installed on a PIC16F877 and start learning coding PICs.The bootloader is available at microchipc .com.This will be very helpfull because you can avoid repeated programing and plugging PIC.You may save pins from breaking.

Hi,

You can use the ISP (In System Programming) too to program the PICs in system.

SphinX

The link about the Microchip Master2002 conference not open...anyone have other link?
Thanks, Gorkin

gorkin said:
The link about the Microchip Master2002 conference not open...anyone have other link?
Thanks, Gorkin

You can still access Masters 2003 and 2004 here:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Ok Me, but I like see the files ago 2002 year...
Gorkin

What would you say are the pre-requisites to start working on PIC?

bimbla.

You needed know basic digital electronics, single circuits, idea about algorithms and one programming language like assembly, basic, pascal, c,c++, fortram, forth, cobol,etc...
One good start is read the microchip application notes and files of the masters conference...!
Gorkin

If you're new to MCU's I would reccomend you to use the Atmel AVR instedad of PIC.
I thinks it is easier to use and learn the arcitecture of the AVR than the PIC.

But I would prefer 'only 35 instructions' of PIC16 series. And in my opinion, Microchip wrote a lot of good application notes.

Me too

I ordered an Atmel sample and recieved an email saying its on its way.

A few days later I got another email saying that I would have to buy one from a distant supplier.

So far I have gotten all samples order from Microchip with no lip service.
Microchip will always get my business.

good luck
challenger

Even more worst for me.

When I submitted my online form at their web site, there was some text there telling me that their local sales representative would contact me. That happen to be half year ago, and I’m still waiting today. I think their sampling policies are very bad. If you can’t afford to give any samples, just say so in your website rather than playing a trick like that.
Some engineer around the world would give you a ‘blacklist’ of manufacturer to avoid. But Atmel would definitely on my blacklist.

Best regards,
wh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back