Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MFDC Welding Inverter Control Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

owais19m

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,
I'm designing an MFDC Inverter and I stumbled upon a thread given below which has helped me alot in finding my mistakes . Does anyone have the Resource or can help me in controlling the system like the one shown in the article , I'm basically using a 3 phase 100KVA 50/60Hz transformer ,my frequency will in between 60 - 400 Hz , not using a high frequency transformer for now . I understand how to control an inverter and how IGBT's are fired /Timing etc ,But I m still confused whether what im supposed to do in order to control Current, either start frequency from 400Hz and then lower the frequency to the desired frequency to limit surge current or apply PWM strategy in order to have Significant Savings in electricity Bill , Your help will have a great impact on my understanding.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/proje...r-network-question!-reusing-medar-spotwelder/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back