Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] mesuring Blood sugar with avr

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammad.habibi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello to all

i want to mesure the blood shugar with avr microcontroller ...
what is the best sensor for it?or whats the output of this sensors?
can you intruduse me some sensor?or give me datasheet of this sensor?
tnx all.

Howdy,

Measuring blood glucose is actually notoriously tricky, I'm not sure you'll find anything component that can measure glucose levels as easily as one would measure temperature.

Many glucose sensors are amperometric, you typically you need some sort of trans-impedance amplifier to convert the signal into something for an ADC. These sensors can be broken down into enzymatic and non-enzymatic sensors. Enzymatic sensors work great, but only last a short amount of time (maybe a few weeks). Non-enzymatic sensors tend to require extreme pH to operate, and are bad at telling the difference between things like fructose, ascorbic acid, and uric acid. For this reason CGMs (continuous glucose monitor) are pretty tricky to make and still not always accurate compared with traditional finger pricking.

I'm not sure on your application, but I don't think your going to find an off the shelf component that will work perfectly, but you might be able to buy a monitor from Dexcom or something and hack it.

I am not much into biology but as per electronics u have Ph sensor.
Try to seperate all other components like fructose, ascorbic acid, and uric acid from your sample.(either making salt which only react with fructose, ascorbic acid, and uric acid leaving sugar as it is or seprating other component from sample.)
Then make a reading callibrating Ph with sugar.
Hope u get what i am telling. NEED SOME CHEMISTRY BEFORE ELECTRONICS..

Status
Not open for further replies.