Mesh Operations in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hfss Fem solution usually don t need any mesh operation . The adaptive mesh will do the job much quicker than what you ll take to figure out what is the best set up.
if you are beginner , don t play with the mesh ..and if you re experienced probably don t do either.
You can make the simulation faster if you use symmetry for your case, you have 2 symmetry planes : perfect E ( perpendicular to the dipole) and another perfect H ( horizontal plane- if your antenna is horizontal). You ll have to split the geometry and apply the sym boundaries. Probably simulation will be 4 times faster...

Hello dpres .... Thank - You for the reply. I saw that symmetry splitting in FEKO once, but didn´t realize it being valid for HFSS also. I will play around with the symmetry settings as soon I have time, at the moment, I don´t have any.

Best wishes, Sebastian, Germany.

also , go after a recent version of hfss.
first the mesh/solver has significantly speed up.
2nd: you ll get a free antenna design kit for synthesis and design witt a parameterized yagi uda included.

Hello dpres,

I now got a new version of HFSS. HFSS 13 and finally got it running with Windows 10.

There is a ADK included and I already constructed a LPDA and analyzed it.

I invented a new antenna principle and at the moment I am trying to analyse it with HFSS, since EZNEC gave me slightly different results than FEKO.

Thank - You for the tip.

Sebastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…