Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mesh operations - HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

:-)

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I wish to reduce the intensity of meshing in radiation box. It should not affect the meshing of all other part of antenna. Any body knows here, how this can be done.
Thanks.
S. V. Kumar.

Hi,
I wish to reduce the intensity of meshing in radiation box. It should not affect the meshing of all other part of antenna. Any body knows here, how this can be done.
Thanks.
S. V. Kumar.
I have never tried exactly wht you want to do, but I know it is possible to increase the mesh density on the radiation bounary. I think if you look in the project manage, you will see "Mesh Operations" or something like that. From there, if you right-click, it should bring up dialogs where you can change the mesh parameters. You should probably select the radiation box before doing this. I can't recall the details, and don't have access to HFSS now. But I think you either put a maximum length to increase the density, or specify the maximum number of tetrahedrals. I've only ever done the former, since you need to maximum length on the boundary to be lambda/6 to get accurate far-field plots.

Dave

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back