Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

meandering rfid tag antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt81

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
For my third year project Ive been given a basic antenna design (see below) which i have to optimize its performance and try to reduce its overall size so that it can be bodyworn.
Im trying to meandering but im having some problems doing this using CST is there a way you can exported into AutoCad to meander it then import back into CST?
Also with regard to meandering is there any science or theory to this, that will work out the number of turns and width and height e.t.c. its just that ive read a few research paper's and there dosnt seem to be any theory to there approach just trial and error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hy did you figure the sollution i have the same probleme as you did please if you have a working exemple please notify me thanks

Hi

in CST you can export several types of data, which is conform to CAD-programs. For Example you can import/export *.dxf files or *.sat, but it depends on your license in CST (look at File/Export .../Import).

For my own, i don't know any theory about meandering. But you can make a first choice (4 turns, 1mm , or so on) and then look at the results and use this as a start point for further optimization.

hy I am working on a microstrip rfid antenna and i Have problem on port modelisation I mad a capacitor lumped element to model the imaginary part but this did not work the input impedance still real pleaze did some one have a cst exple on modelising the imaginary innput impdance and thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back