Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MC33340/2 alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas1707

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After using battery controller MC33340 for constructing NiMH charger as a part of some portable devices for quite some time, I have found out, that this IC is no longer manufactured and a lot of IC manufacturers are ending with production of NiMH charging ICs. After a lot of hours of searching, I didnt´t find any direct alternative with such a simple implementation and dV/dt battery charging temination. Does anybody knows some IC with similar capabilities - 2 cells NiMH dV/dT and timeout termination, driving linear and switching sources?

Hello,

The LTC4010 of linear technology (sorry I cannot post links, this is my first post ;-)) may be what you are looking for.

Thank you, Vitafuris,
this IC looks promising. Do you have some experience with this IC?

We will be using it in one of our product. So far we just created a test board to verify that it fits our specs. And we had no problem with it.

I've just check it and it is a very good alternative and with a lot of functionality, but the negative parameter of this IC is the price, which is almost ten times higher then of MC33340 :-(

I finally found a solution in TI BQ2000. A bit of playing when you need a high side current sensing, but it has an integrated switching power supply controller and a very reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.