Status
Not open for further replies.

skyismylimit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can u calculate the maximum frequency supported by a purticular technology .. both in the case of analog as well as digital design ??

Well, what is fT in a process? It will give you the maximum frequency the process can support. Try and take a standard MOSFET(PMOS/NMOS) and get fT from it. It will give you the max frequency the process can support.

I hope that it helps.

For analog Design, the maximum frequency is a somewhat vague concept since you can increase your frequency of operation using distributed amplifiers. ft is the unity current gain frequency which can be found out using the expression:

ft = gm/(Cgs + Cgd)

but this has little meaning. A more meaningful frequency metric is the unity power gain frequency. It can be calculated for a device through this equation:

wu = 1/2 √[wt/(rg Cgd)]

For digital circuits your maximum frequency depends on your basic gate delay and the number of gates you cascade, until u reach the limit of the clock skew.

Hope this answered your query.

I don't think that you can go as high as ft since at that range, the model will very unaccuracy. Maybe 1/10 of you ft is O.K. I mean for analog circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…