Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matlab,wave files,convolution.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmos babe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,I opened 2 wave files(x1 and x2) using Matlab ,x1 is some sound, x2 is x1 but with some effects performed on it using some audio software ...so according to convolution formula x2[n]=x1[n]*h[n] , i perform deconvolution on x1 and x2 to obtain h but the result i got wasn't satisfying...any hints?

x2 = conv(x1,h);

h = deconv(x2,x1)

or h = ifft(fft(X2)./fft(X1))

I want to make my purpose more clear, after I get the h[n] I want to use it with other sound signals (convolute it with them) to produce the same effect produced by the audio software.....is this possible?

cmos babe said:
I want to make my purpose more clear, after I get the h[n] I want to use it with other sound signals (convolute it with them) to produce the same effect produced by the audio software.....is this possible?

I think this is not the correct way to do it, every audio effect has different way of woking. Every audio effect has a different algorithm, it's not a simple convolution, you should first understand conceptually how the effect works, to develop the canonical form diagram, and then the filter. A good book to read about this topic is the "Introduction to Signal Processing" of Sophocles Orfanidis... its very interesting.

cmos babe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
One obvious question is .... how do you know that the effect you performed through software is "a linear operation"? If it's not linear, your convolution formula is not valid in the first place.

cmos babe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back