Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB Simulink Simulation problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsecer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate some controller and estimation algorithms for a real plant. However i get different results depending on that plant block ,which i put in simulink, is in continous form or discrete form.

When i put a continous system block, i connect zero order hold block at input and output ports of system. That is what i am thinking about what is being done for digital controller implementation. For this situation, i got bad results my algorithms does not work well.

For second design, i use a block for system which i discretize using c2d in matlab. Algorithms work perfectly for this discrete form.

So, my question is that :

For a system that i am going to use a digital controller and estimation algorithms, the best way ,to model it in simulink, is via continous time model or its discrete form which is converted using c2d

which one provides best and realistic performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back