Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB/SIMULINK - Continuous or Discrete - Solver

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly refer to the schematic of a control strategy in Figure 1, which is modified from an example provided by MATHWORKS MATLAB/SIMULINK.
The block diagram insides the permanent magnet synchronous machine (PMSM) block is shown in Figure 2.
There are two main blocks, namely (i) electrical model, (ii) mechanical model.
I find out there is a discrete-time integrator (see Figure 3) in the electrical model and mechanical model.
The simulation configurations are given in Figure 4, i.e. Solver Type: Fixed-step, Solver: ODE4.

Questions:
[1] May I know why "discrete-time integrator" is used in PMSM instead of "continuous-time integrator" (1/s)? If I'm not mistaken, in real world, the states in PMSM is continuous.
[2] In my opinion, in practice, all the states in PMSM are in continuous-time domain, whilst all the states in digital controller are in discrete-time domain. If I wish to model the PMSM using continous-time components (e.g. 1/s), and the digital controller with discrete-time components (e.g. the discrete-time integrator), which solver type that I should use? Fixed- or Variable-step? Discrete (no continuous states) or others?

Kindly advise.

Thank you very much.

Figure 1.

Figure 2.

Figure 3.
85_1263180858.png

Figure 4.

Still waiting for comments and advices. Thanks.

i want the model for the digital controller shown in the above figure
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back