Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab and FEKO or CST Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonis

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst microwave studio

Is there any possibility of the transmission of data from Matlab to FEKO or CST MS. In Matlab I want to write a genetic algorithm optimization programm. For this I should change from Matlab the value of the parameters in FEKO or CST MS and read results (gain, input resistance, form of diagramы)

feko matlab

Hi Demonis, you should be able to transfer variables from Matlab to EditFEKO with current version of FEKO Suite 5.2 (though you can not do this with CADFEKO right now). In another word, your structure needs to be built solely inside EditFEKO with those cards, if the variables to be transferred are geometry-related. I do know that there are many FEKO users successfully implemented this process for optimization or sensitivity analysis. Two typical papers are attached and hope they are useful (another one with link below). Please let me know if you are interested in obtaining some simple demo examples for variable-transfer from Matlab.

BTW, as a side note, if your purpose is not to develop GA algorithm, you can just use the GA toolbox with Matlab to make things easier.

matlab feko

Thanks for the papers, they are usefull. Moreover I use now the code from the book Randy Haupt "Practical genetic algorithms". I will use Matlab Toolbox when it will be possible to reach Matlab 2006b with new version of toolbox.

P.S. FEKO computes not enough fast, Therefore I think about the microgenetic algorithm.

matlab cst

hi all

are you know any way that we could export the matlab code to hfss for drawing a structure?
regards

matlab microwave studio

wonderful paper ,ths

optimize gain cst mws

Now, the FEKO V5.3 will has a genetic algorithm.

optimization in feko

webhugo said:
Now, the FEKO V5.3 will has a genetic algorithm.

Is it going to be available, i.e. to be defined and run, directly in CADFEKO?

cst microwave studio and feko

V5.3...Optimisation toolbarin CADFEKO.

hallow, i need matlb code for transmission line matrix on SILICON diode (self_heating)

Re: feko matlab

Hi Demonis, you should be able to transfer variables from Matlab to EditFEKO with current version of FEKO Suite 5.2 (though you can not do this with CADFEKO right now). In another word, your structure needs to be built solely inside EditFEKO with those cards, if the variables to be transferred are geometry-related. I do know that there are many FEKO users successfully implemented this process for optimization or sensitivity analysis. Two typical papers are attached and hope they are useful (another one with link below). Please let me know if you are interested in obtaining some simple demo examples for variable-transfer from Matlab.

BTW, as a side note, if your purpose is not to develop GA algorithm, you can just use the GA toolbox with Matlab to make things easier.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
i am interested in obtaining some simple demo examples for variable-transfer from Matlab. what i need to do is, make a model in Editfeko using those cards(any simple model like a dipole antenna), then open the file in matlab and change the variables inside matlab such that the model can be changed and simulated in Feko or matlab(i am not sure how to proceed), Please help.

I think your idea to change the geometry in EditFEKO is really good, to run the geometry in matlab you just need a command !runfeko filename
Did you draw the geometry by inputting the point coordinates in EditFEKO and then use matlab to change the coordinates later?
What is the final output that you wanna optimise?

Thank you

I think your idea to change the geometry in EditFEKO is really good, to run the geometry in matlab you just need a command !runfeko filename
Did you draw the geometry by inputting the point coordinates in EditFEKO and then use matlab to change the coordinates later?
What is the final output that you wanna optimise?

Thank you

hello,
thanks for your reply.
i discovered the !runfeko command from the www.feko.info website.

what i am trying to do is, i am making a antenna in cadfeko.. then run it such that, its editfeko file is created, then i want to use that edtfeko file in MATLAB.

we can use FID, fopen, fscan, ftell etc commands in Matlab to locate the position of (say frequency of a design) and then change the value. run a for loop in matlab and in each iteration, step up or step down the value and then, save a copy of all the files, then we will have (mutliple .pre files)

after that, we use the !runfeko command on all the .pre files to make corresponding .out files.

then we have a data base with output trends due to different input frequency. we can study them for optimization purposes to see the best design for our use.

kindly help. i am running out of time.

Re: cst microwave studio

Is there any possibility of the transmission of data from Matlab to FEKO or CST MS. In Matlab I want to write a genetic algorithm optimization programm. For this I should change from Matlab the value of the parameters in FEKO or CST MS and read results (gain, input resistance, form of diagramы)

You may search for Matlab FEKO api!
There is such possibility you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back