Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mating receptable for DF11-4DP-2DSA

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have a module which is using Hirose DF11-4DP-2DSA (Page 10)Straight Pin Header.
I want to mate it with a 4-Pin Through Hole Receptable(don't have space for SMT Type) but Hirose does not offer DF11-4DS-2DSA. It means they don't have any receptable below 6 pins.

I tried using SQT-102-01-L-D from Samtec but this doesn't mate properly with DF11-4DP-2DSA as it is not high enough.
So, wondering what are my options here? Don't want any harness/cable solution.
Just board to board mating.

Hi,

if I understand you correctly, you are aiming to create a board-to-board connection without a cable. Unfortunately, the DF11 series is a wire-to-board connector series. Have you considered to replace the DF11-4DP-2DSA by an ordinary pinheader e.g. [1]. Of yourse this depends on the quantity of your module, and if it isn't to time consuming to replace the connector on your module board(s).

[1] https://uk.farnell.com/molex/87758-0416/connector-header-4pos-2row-2mm/dp/7472315

BR

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back