Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching port in Agilent MOMENTUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk_olivo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to define, in Momentum, a port having impedance matching with the characteristic impedance of the linked network ?

I have to simulate a two ports network over a wide range of frequencies and I would like to close the output port on a matched impedance; anyway, when I define a port, I can indicate just a single value of impedance :cry:

kspalla said:
Export layout in to schematic by component create look alike option.
Now use REf net design termination in schematic.

My problem is the following:

I have drawn a layout in Momentum: 2 square coils (in cond & cond2) with some substrates in between. Then I have defined 2 pairs of ports for the 2 coils: each pairs is realized using an internal port and a ground reference port.

Which value should I use for the impedance of the two internal ports ?
The default one is 50 Ohm

Now I would like to make a S-parameter calculation using Momentum: should I close the two pairs of ports on two impedances matching the characteristic impedance of the network ???

Thanks a lot for your precious help!!! :D

Hi,

I have had a long discussion with an Agilent expert and now I have the ideas a little more clear:

S-matrix depends only by the network and not by the source/load impedance.

Setting the input & output ports at 50 Ohms will return me a S-matrix normalized to 50 Ohms (S_50). Setting the input & output ports at 75 Ohms will return me a S-matrix normalized to 75 Ohms (S_75)... and so on...

I can pass from one to the other with some calculus and that all, I don't need to close my network on matched loads to run simulations.

I hope I have correctly understood! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back