Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching in Power amplifier design

rd_dinesh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While designing the matching network for my design, i took optimum load from load pull analysis as it is and designed the circuit
But for input matching Mr.Anurag Bharghava (from Keysight) recommended conjugate of optimum source impedance obtained from load pull(in his youtube channel)
But I'm getting good efficiency by taking the impedance as it is.

1684506603488.png

my output matching was good but my input matching was very bad, is this acceptable
if i tried to get good matching at the input my efficiency and output power are dropping very drastically
What should i do?

Therefore Load Pull and Source Pull data is necessary for some amplifier designs. You will find a compromise between Optimum Delivered Power and -for instance- Optimum Efficiency.

ultimately your PA is a large signal, so large signal parameters such as power and efficiency matter more than S11 so that you can settle for a decent S11 and excellent power and efficiency.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back