Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Master Slave Configuration for AT89C2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmansalman

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89c2051 network

Can we configure one AT89C2051 as master and then control
several AT89C2051 uCs as slaves??

Please provide the simplest possible solution ..

at89c2051 configuration

Hi,
I think this chip does not support 10 bit addressing mode, you should use the new 89S2051 IC from Atmel instead.
Regards,
Laktronics

at89c2051 configration

why 10 bit addressing is necessary for master slave configuration????

cant we do it using USART??????

master slave configuration in 8051

Hi,
You have asked for the simplest solution and for 8051 family, the 10 bit data mode of the serial port is the simplest solution, which is not supported in 89C2051. You can always implement Master slave configuration in software by sending down the slave address to a group of controllers connected over an RS485 network. In this case, the command respose protocol has to done in software. The slave address could be programmed using DIP switches or stored in an EEPROM on each slave. Refer to MODBUS protocols for a standard followed for such applications.
Regards,
Laktronics

salmansalman said:
Can we configure one AT89C2051 as master and then control
several AT89C2051 uCs as slaves??

Please provide the simplest possible solution ..

How far apart are the slaves? are they on the same board as the master?

Read all about it here:

**broken link removed**

or you can download one of the many 8051 ebooks found on this forum. One in particular is the book by Kenneth Ayala.

See chapter 11. Its all there including source code. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Good Luck

let me check all that ... then i will reply u back

Status
Not open for further replies.