Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Massive Throughput & Low Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmdouglas

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am trying to find a solution for massive throughput (1 GB/ns) combined with low latency (10 ns) for a digital ASIC. The chip is part of a parallel application from a scientific project. I need to compute rapidly a lot of data in parallel. I looked at DDR2/3 and it is not much for what I need. DDR4 is supposed to have improved throughput (point-to-point channels) but it still far from what I need.

Is it possible to create on a board 128 sockets of DDR3, split in groups of 2 (i.e. 64 groups), where each group is using a separate MAC & PHY cores, so that each parallel computation module will access only one DDR group. I guess that would increase the throughput.

Is there any other solution out there?

Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back