Status
Not open for further replies.

debjit625

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok I was working with a PC motherboard and found some of these radial PHT type electrolytic capacitor ,what I found weird is that the marking on them is with 3 digit code like SMD electrolytic capacitor ,for example "221 16V" i.e.. 220 micro farad 16 volt...

Did you people came across these kind of marking on a radial PHT type electrolytic capacitor before?

Ah, so you've encountered an example of the bad motherboard capacitor scourge. The top of that cap looks like it's vented some electrolytes. As to the marking style, I can't recall coming across any 3-digit value marking on a traditional can-type Al electrolytic.

As 104 stands for .1 uF
I think 221 stands for .22nF
16V is indicating It is a 16 volt capacitor......
Hope this is helps in your search> Usually 3 value capacitors are calculated like that don't know weather it will be applicable for this

As 104 stands for .1 uF
I think 221 stands for .22nF
16V is indicating It is a 16 volt capacitor......
Hope this is helps in your search> Usually 3 value capacitors are calculated like that don't know weather it will be applicable for this
Ok I think you didn’t got it, its 220mfd 16V its should be of that value where it was found on the motherboard. I am not searching for it, it's just that I found it and like to know if somebody else also have found something similar.

And a 0.22nF 16V cap cant be like that ,ok somebody can make it but it will be of no use, 0.22nF could be available in more smaller package with a higher voltage rating...

My problem is not with the capacitors value or bad capacitors, its just that.... have you people ever seen this kind of marking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…