Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marconi (vertical monopole) antenna questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am thinking of building a Marconi vertical monopole (ground plane) for HF.
The radiation pattern changes with the division of L of the component.
Marconi_antennas.gif
**broken link removed**

However I will make the L/4 and for 40m the element will be 10m.

Has anyone tested this antenna, or have heard any comments?
I will mount it a few centimeters from the house reinforced concrete wall, parallel to it, from the roof to the ground.
on the other side, there is a brick wall (no metals in it) starting from the ground and extents in height about 2-3 meters, so the antenna base (2-3meters) is "enclosed" inside walls.

To make it easier to understand, it is like to imagine a 2-3 square meters room, 2-3 meters high, but with no roof, and the antenna wire begin from the floor of the room and extends 10m up. The first 2-3 meters of the antenna are inside the room.

How much would it affect it's efficiency, a guess?

The other question I have is how to match this to 50R, since it's impedance is normally about half that.

Finally, if I make the antenna a bit longer than 10 meters, how can I match for 40m band?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back