Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

manually connect Standard Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

field_catcher

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using VSdir standcell to build a programmable divider for frequency synthesizer. The VCO clock is around 1GHz.

I constructed the schematic using symbols from the library. Now I need to layout the design (by which I mean connecting the standard cells as the cells are already laid out) . I have 2 choices: use Cadence First Encounter to automatically do it or just use the layout Editor to manually connect it.

As the frequency is not that low, I am afraid the auto rounter will degrade the performance, so I decide to manually connect those cells. Has anyone done this before? I have further questions to ask.

Thanks!

if there is not too many cells, you surely can do the layout by yourself, which you can focus on good performance, small coupling noise, tight layout and etc.
You can do the layout hierachically, always check your layout for DRC rule, LVS and other checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back