Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manual floorplanning of FPGA designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elephantus

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga floorplanning

Can anyone suggest where to look for for resources and tutorials on manual FPGA design floorplanning, possibly for Xilinx chips?

I would appreciate any help.

floorplanner php

Hi, Elephantus,
Maybe the following link will solve your problem. I don't know how to make floorplanning either, but I will try my best to understand how it works. Hope we both can make rapid progress in it. **broken link removed**

xilinx floorplanner guide

I just found an interesting link about Xilinx floorplanning. After carefully reviewing it, I recommend to our community. The author uses a 10-bit counter as an example and proposed 7 ways of floorplanning for comparisons. Although the Xilinx chip is out of date and the example is very simple, it showcased the basic concepts of carry logic, relative location, basic guidelines of FPGA floorplanning, and so on. It is a little lengthy, please read it with patience. I already learned a lot. :)

http://www.fliptronics.com/floorplanning1.html

floorplanning fpga

If you are floorplanning large devices, you may like Xilinx PlanAhead. It is software-assisted manual floorplanning. You can get an evaluation copy, or simply read the docs and watch the videos on their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.