Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manipulator B.E.A.M. - ARM by Mietq

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Manipulator B.E.A.M.

ARM by Mietq
ARM by Mietq
1_1260190250.jpg

Projekt is inspired by productive robot by Comau.
Target was to learn as much is possible about steering and controlling productive machines.
Costs of project was very low, it’s because I used a lot old useless elements. Steering system is based on endings and relays. Firstly I wanted to realize arm spin on cassette recorder roll. Unfortunately I didin’t have any idea how to connect arm to plastic wheel. Another idea was to use phonograph. Then appeared problem with grab. Firstly was made from washing-machine relay, but it was to heavy. So I used servomechanism from a toy, that is connected with arm by school compass. At the end fo compass are pieces of plastic and sponge. Nest stage was to pull together all elements and placing limiters on edge attitudes. Then comes time for steering system.
Principle of work is simple. Signal from round start is given to first relay, and after move signal to next relay.
At one pole of first relay from start button goes +. First ending connect second pole to -. After rached limiter, second pole is plug to + what cause relay off (potential difference on relay is 0V)
At the same time second relay is started (arm goes up) when the same ending is giving +. When arm is at the top another ending stops second relay (up) and starts third (to the right). Next steps on the same procedure. Unfortunately because of double position in return mode, arm goes up and down constantly . I had to use side relays to avoid saving process.
Diagram is without controls, power diagram or steering buttons.

more information at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1503176.html

Status
Not open for further replies.