Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a special FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybuoy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to make a FM transmitter but would like that only mine FM receiver can take my transmitter. To perform this, I imagine I also need to make some alterations in FM receiver (that is usually accessible in market).

Please direct me what are the major things I need to modify or do in FM receiver and transmitter.

Asad

If you're transmitting an FM signal, other FM receivers will hear it. There's not much you can do about that.

You can do that with limiting power of transmiter or use some directed antenna, or you can use some coding of transmited data.

Maybe WiFi can do the job for you, if distance is ok.

I try laser data link between two pc, works great on 135m distance, between two buildings, but only on clear wheater.

The only way is to encode your signal such that others cannot decode it. There are many ways to do this.
Since you are actually TRANSMITTING it into the free air, there is no way you can ensure that no one else picks it up.

What sort of signal/ information are you planning on transmitting using your FM transmitter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back