Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a coil in CST EM studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesticman

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am pretty new to CST so i am sorry if this is really basic.

I am trying to make a coil (solenoid) in CST EM studio but i could not find the right object/technique (is it something to do with loft or extrude?) to use to make it.

Any help will be appreciated!!

have you tried ..

Macros - Construct - Coils ?
a couple of macros that might do the trick there!

i was looking for the same thing a while back.. if you happen to find out the other method with the boolean operations and all, please let me know .

cheers

have you tried ..

Macros - Construct - Coils ?
a couple of macros that might do the trick there!

i was looking for the same thing a while back.. if you happen to find out the other method with the boolean operations and all, please let me know .

cheers

hi
if you do the following things you will be able to do it
home>macros>construct>coil>3 D linear helical spiral
then parameters box will pop up
you can enter the what ever values you want
after clicking ok, a solenoid will be generated but it is not completed yet,
then you have to sweep the coil by the followings
pick a point on the solenoid align local coordinate system, make a circular coil which can be obtained from curves , and go to curves tool to choose sweep curve
then come to double click on the circuler coil and finally click on anywhere on the solenoid there will box pop up that finished for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back