Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making 89s51/52 89s8253 /8253 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@welove8051

Can we burn the firmware into an AT89s51/52??

@welove8051

Can we burn the firmware into an AT89s51/52??
Hey
which firmware do you want to burn..
Yes you can burn firmware if you have hex file.. But for firmware to be burned into it, you need a programmer to burn hex into it..

hi tushki7 i had try to make "EZ_ISP" the programmer is not working always giving message "try to connecting COM1" i don't know why??I have checked all connection they all are fine!!!
so i gone a try to make this one:

**broken link removed**

but I want to confirm weather can i use the IC 89s51 instead of AT89C2051??can you help me plz :???:

Attachments

• EZ_ISP.rar
    203.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

hi tushki7 i had try to make "EZ_ISP" not the programmer is not working always giving message "try to connecting COM1" i don't know why??I have checked all connection they all are fine!!!

**broken link removed**

but I want to confirm weather can i use the IC 89s51 instead of AT89C2051??can you help me plz :???:

Hey
How are you connecting your programmer circuit with computer?? Are you using usb to serial??
Second thing the ezp needs one pre programmed microcontroller which contains firmware hex .. This pre programmed microcontroller will burn your target micocontroller..

Look at picture : EZ_ISP2.gif

And yes you can use at89s51/52... but i dont think the problem is with circuit.. there must be some communication problem in between your computer and micrcocontroller..

Last edited:

hi tushki7 i had try to make "EZ_ISP" not the programmer is not working always giving message "try to connecting COM1" i don't know why??I have checked all connection they all are fine!!!

**broken link removed**

any atmel 89 series will work.:-D

How are you connecting your programmer circuit with computer?? Are you using usb to serial??

No I just use the serial cable.

Second thing the ezp needs one pre programmed microcontroller which contains firmware hex .. This pre programmed microcontroller will burn your target micocontroller..

Yes I have done the same thing i.e burn the firmware in a Master controller through parallel programmer.

I have doubt about the connection between Max-232 and Rs232

No I just use the serial cable.

K
Yes I have done the same thing i.e burn the firmware in a Master controller through parallel programmer.

I have doubt about the connection between Max-232 and Rs232

Oh yes, i am sorry.. I did not checked that part.. They need to be swaped or you can use 2-14,3-13 ..
Check your max 232 , check that it is properly grounded, check all ground connections (to microcontroller, max232, db9 connector.. Also check if your serial wire is working fine by using any serial terminal software(connect its 2-3 pin and echo some character..
Check that microcontroller has correct firmware and it is working.

Try this -»» When you connect your circuit with computer and run the ez burning software try reseting your microcontroller by switching off the supply.. Or switch off the circuit supply and run the software then when it is serching for it switch the supply.

Hey

I need to know a way to burn the hex file in the master uc .Can it be preprogrammed by using serial programmer cause my PC does'nt have a parallel port.

Plz reply........

Hey

I need to know a way to burn the hex file in the master uc .Can it be preprogrammed by using serial programmer cause my PC does'nt have a parallel port.

Plz reply........

Sorry i couldn't understand your question can you more illustrate it.

Why we can't burn AT89s series through the programmer of AT89c ???

What are the differences ?
Can anyone explain in brief ?

Thanks for your time.

Why we can't burn AT89s series through the programmer of AT89c ???

What are the differences ?
Can anyone explain in brief ?

Thanks for your time.

we can burn 89s series through 89c programmer but it MUST required some necessary changes but 89s required only 4 pins to burn a program while AT89c series required parallel connection to to master programmer or you can say too many data line required.That's why AT89c programmer is much more complicated as compare to 89s series.

Are you sure that AT89c series needs Parallel connection ?
I think we can do this through RS-232 (Serially).

i m attached some pictures please check it out you will find the answer.

Attachments

• 1.GIF
    1.GIF
    28.1 KB · Views: 113
  • AT89C51-circuits.jpg
    AT89C51-circuits.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 103

Sorry i couldn't understand your question can you more illustrate it.

I need to program the master in the picture with the firmware file. I don't have a parallel programmer so is there any other way to do it.

I need to program the master in the picture with the firmware file. I don't have a parallel programmer so is there any other way to do it.

Yes Dear there are many ways
1. You can try your college parallel programmer to burn master code/Someone you know who burns code in Microcontrollers.
2. Buy P89v51rd2, Make a programmer to burn hex code in it, these programmers are very easy to make.. You will need max232.. search for p89v51rd2 programmer for related posts. Even i have posted it many times here in edaboard.. Here is a link : http://www.8051projects.info/forum/microcontrollers/2283-need-help-using-8051-rs232.html
Also this progrmmer will burn phillips/nxp microcontrollers directly i.e. you dont need any master microcontroller for this.
But cost of this microcontroller is almost double of at89s52.
3. Search for the serial programmer for at89s52 without using master microcontroller. If you have parallel port in your computer then your job is easy, there are many parallel programmers..
Links : http://www.sixca.com/eng/articles/at89s_isp/
**broken link removed**
Simple Programmer : **broken link removed**
+.............

Good Luck :)

I've used the serial programmer with master but the same message pops showing "trying to connect by COM1".
I dont see a bug in the circuit .

can i use arduino kit to program it as i can do with ATtiny45 or 85

Serial port programmers are out. Those were the days when a lot had stuggled to get thier own programmer for 89 series and ultimately a best deisgn from Sunrom was available as DIY pack which solved all the problems. Later with sone port side modifications the same was used as a USB based programmer using a chips like PL2303 or CP2102. This used the USB port to communicate but 5 volt from the same port was not used in any way. A separate power was utilised which fed all the requirements of 12 volts and 5 volts on board.
Now i again started to search a better solution for the same requirement where with single connection of USB is used and no other wires are connected to keep the table tidy. I came across a new product from sunrom which is exactly what i needed. But roughly looking and comparing the given photo and the price, was too high even for my pocket. Next spent a lot days with my friend Google and found that Sunrom had exactly duplicated the "Willar" SP180 programmer and even the programming software is duplicated with same original modules (But software is not given on Sunrom website). One may also try getting the DIY packs of SP180S and SP200S and build thier own USB programmer for 89series. I am waiting to try one once i am out of my busy schedules.
Untill then good luck to all who like to try it genuinely.
**broken link removed**
All other files too are available freely on the willar webiste.

Status
Not open for further replies.