Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

make a dc-dc boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky010589

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,

I am a student of IIT Delhi.I want to make a DC-DC converter which will boost 12V DC into 60 V DC.
plz give me suggestion.

Thank you

Use a PWM controller such as MC34063, UC3845 or a specialized/dedicated boost controller to drive a MOSFET in the regulator MOSFET-inductor-diode based boost converter. Use a resistive divider based simple feedback circuitry along with the PWM controller to keep output voltage constant.

The calculations involved should be easily obtained from a regular book regarding SMPS that covers the boost converter. You can also find them online on various websites. Based on these, you would need to make your parts selection.

You might find this helpful:

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I am making a dc-dc boost converter of 12V to 60V. when i give the supply of 12V, then sometime it goes to 54V and then suddenly goes down to around 24V and IC become heated and at last IC burn out. the design is in this link https://webench.ti.com/webench5/pow...VinMin=12&VinMax=12&O1V=60&O1I=0.360&op_TA=30
the Pcb design is in the image file.
Plz give the solution of this problem. IMAG0321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.