Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic Polarity Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bring to your attention a curious device invented by me - an indicator of polarity of the magnet. That inspired me to create it: the construction of my **broken link removed** as well as the desire to practice to get acquainted with modern operational amplifiers (current does not require a bipolar power supply, which is very convenient).
**broken link removed**
Works this device this: when power is on (battery 6F22 9 V) green light. If near the **broken link removed** no magnet, the blue and red LEDs do not light.
**broken link removed**
When approaching the north pole of a magnet to the sensor lights up blue LED
**broken link removed**
and southern - red.
**broken link removed**
If you rotate the rotor brushless motor near the sensor, then the blue and red lights alternate, corresponding to passing by the poles of a magnet - it is convenient for determining the number of poles.
Circuit and photo of the PCB - **broken link removed**

what chip did you use?
what is the range? Or how strong does the magnet need to be?

Hall sensor (4 pin) from FDD 3.5''
**broken link removed**
can replace expensive bridge VHE-101B

I checked with ferrite and

neodymium magnets ->>

**broken link removed**

and the ring magnet of FDD motor

distance ~ 0.5 cm

comparator = LM358

Status
Not open for further replies.