Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magma tool information

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

how much difference is there betwn Cadence SoC Encounter and Magma's Blast Fusion ?

also what other tools are availbale from Magma for semicustom designs, and if possible the licence cost of that tool (or from where i would get the cost of the licence)

thanks, reply soon.

Prasad

Magma is based on gain based Synthesis and SoC encounter is based on WLM.

other tools from magma are :
blast create,blast noise,power are some of the tools. i would suggest that u register in vitalect.com to go over the magma tool flow for physical design.

culd u upload magma manuals here?
regards,
-Sri

sree205 said:
other tools from magma are :
blast create,blast noise,power are some of the tools. i would suggest that u register in vitalect.com to go over the magma tool flow for physical design.

Could you explain what is website "vitalect.com " for?
Give the exact link..
-Sri

Magma is better in deep sub-micro design, such as under 90nm.

p_shinde said:
hi,

how much difference is there betwn Cadence SoC Encounter and Magma's Blast Fusion ?

also what other tools are availbale from Magma for semicustom designs, and if possible the licence cost of that tool (or from where i would get the cost of the licence)

thanks, reply soon.

Prasad

SoCEncouter is the worst PHysical implementation tool(except for routing) among the 3 eda vendors(cadence, synopsys, magma).

As to the semicustom design, it depends your design scope and flow, magma is very flexable, but layout editing is a big con. The biggest advantage you can get from the magma is that tool is cheaper, that is lots of money, dude.

cdic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back