Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAG LT1919WDB monitor repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephkre

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lt1919wdb

My monitor will work fine for the first 15 minutes and then it will turn off the screen but keep the power light on. If I turn it off and back on I can get about 3 more seconds out of it until I let it rest.

I have been looking over other threads and I have checked to see if it is the monitor and it is. I have checked the 4 capacitors ( 680uF 25V) and they are good. ( turned multimeter to ohms and and checked to see if they went to infinity and they did. I believe that is the correct way to check them. I did take them off the board first.)

I cant find anything really wrong with the soldiering joints. I did find a burnt spot on one of the boards. On the power board, I think that is what it is, by the transformer.
[/img]
I have looked at the inverter board that has the vga connectors and it looks good I guess nothing out the ordinary.

Any advice on what kind of test to perform or some documents on this monitor, or how to test transformers and other components on a board will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.