Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS/DRC waivers format issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

goutham419

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For physical verification in Input column I'm providing waiver file in waived.gds format but when I run LVS/DRC it is saying invalid input waiver format. Please let me know the issue if anyone faced it.

We have no idea what foundry or flow, to say
what that entity requires.

I'm facing this issue in mentor graphics calibre interactive.
This is about LVS & DRC settings.
INPUT-->waivers-->description file-->waiver criteria files-->file name.waiver.gds plz check attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 15969827716482558957311375053870.jpg
    15969827716482558957311375053870.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 237

What version? I checked the 2020.3 documentation for auto-waivers, and it appears the ways of including the waiver criteria have changed over the various versions.

For what it is worth, in 2020.3 the Calibre Interactive waiver description can be either an annotated GDS, in which case, you also need to have Waivers > DRC Run > "use criteria from the waiver shape files" selected; or a separate waiver criteria file, which appears to be a plain text file, best I can tell. To get the annotated GDS, when the waiver shape database was being generated RVE has to have "Annotate wiaver cells with waiver criteria text" set.

The other thing that comes to mind, based on "Starting a Waiver Run in Calibre Interactive" in the Calibre Interactive manual, is that you may not have the "LVS Run" category set up in a way that matches the waivers you are passing in. Your screenshot doesn't show any waiver criteria files, so check that when you select LVS Run in the list to the left that "Use criteria from the waiver shape files" is set.

Last, someone looking over my shoulder contributed that a "waived.gds" should probably be entered not as a description file, but in the next area -- select "Waiver Shapes" (under "Description Files") and provide the waived.gds in the "External waiver file(s)" field.

Last edited:

after you waive some error on GUI, there will be .waived file (in same dir with result file for DRC, in svdb dir for LVS), they will be automatically loaded when you open rve next time.
hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back