Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTE transmission mode simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

adilsadik10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using the LTE system level simulator (vienna simulator). But till now its not possible to simulate the transmission mode for CLSM and beamforming.

Can anyone suggest any other simulator which I can use to simulate these two ? Or till now this is not developed ?

Hi Adilsadik10,

First of all, i am sorry that i cannot answer your question.

But could you please share with me what is the CLSM and Beanforming? and also whats the benefit of using the simulator? for study or for design/analysis et cetera?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
Zhi Yi

Hi,

I am not so expert on this ! I am doing my undergrad thesis in LTE.

We are using the simulator to differentiate among the transmission modes throughput. Like how they differ in close and far away from eNodeB/ how the speed of UE effect the troughput etc.

In beamforming, the eNodeB antenna is just steering the o/p beam towards the UE. So, the loss will be low and SNR will be good enough. Its better for cell edge.

CLSM is closed loop spatial multiplexing. This case UE will send feedback to the eNodeB regarding choosing the desired precoding matrix for codeword.

I am still learning ! Thats in brief about these two. Are you working in this topic ??

BR

hi,

Even i'm interested to work in this area, so please tell me which simulator to use.

thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.