Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Voltage Directive: where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psubiaco

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
Do you know where the harmonised standards and technical issues, about Low Voltage Directive for CE marking, should be find?
Obviously, I would not pay CENELEC, ETSI or other organizations for those documents, and I cannot understend how should UE impose to follow his standards without sharing them in the web (was this directive made to improve electrical safety, or to improve organization business?!?)
Thank you! Paolo

how should UE impose to follow his standards without sharing them in the web (was this directive made to improve electrical safety, or to improve organization business?!?)

:D

I agree...

You are unlikely to find the full standards free, but there are often summaries written by people on the internet which would probably tell you most of what you need to know.

I agree that it stinks that you are charged to download a standard imposed on business (and they are very expensive - not a token cost).

Keith.

All EU directives can be downloaded for free. Just check the net before getting upset.

But EU directives are mostly rather general, more administrative than technical documents. They are mainly
refering to existing technical EN standards for the detail rules.

FvM said:
All EU directives can be downloaded for free. Just check the net before getting upset.

But EU directives are mostly rather general, more administrative than technical documents. They are mainly
refering to existing technical EN standards for the detail rules.

ETSI, CENELEC and EN documents are not free. US ones are though - FDA, FCC etc.

Keith.

ETSI, CENELEC and EN documents are not free. US ones are though - FDA, FCC etc.
Right, except for ETSI, that are free as well. I was talking about the basic EU directives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back