Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

firmy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Any suggestion on a low power micro controller (32-bit running an RTOS) that is available in the market. This is to be used for a battery powered mobile application hence power consumption of the micro is very critical.

-G

Maybe some ARM core based , ie from Atmel, Philips.
Hitachi also have good controllers.

Hi

I can recomend you to use the MSP430 from TI but it's 16 bit only it have a capability to run RTOS {up to 16 mips with the MSP430F2xx} and you can find many free one

All the best

Bobi

Hi firmy:
We've designed several hand-held products with Samsung 32bit Arm920 based chip S3C2410. there's photos of S3C2410 on our web. It has a good power effciency. Freescale i.MX or i.MX21 is also very good for hand held applications.

mike

--------------------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

Hi,

You're looking for a 32 bit processor, but the most low power microcontroller that I know is the the TI MSP430 devices. In active mode the power current is up to 200uA and in low power mode is 2uA. And you can also use a real time OS with MSP430 deevices. It's very ease to program. The MSP lose only in the instruction cicle, 125ns, and all structions spend around 3 or 4 cilcles.

Is it.

firmy said:
Hi,
Any suggestion on a low power micro controller (32-bit running an RTOS) that is available in the market. This is to be used for a battery powered mobile application hence power consumption of the micro is very critical.

-G

Renesas have good microcontrollers with huge capabilites. The development tools not very expensive! Try at: www.renesas.com

USE MSP430 family...from TI

warning #1 - the same answer as proposed above by emanuelcsm
--eirp

Try Renesas Super Low Power family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back