Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power analog and digital design overview papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxicdesigner

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any recommendations on low power analog and digital design papers that give much of the mosfet physics and some basic circuits? I'm talking nAs ( sub uA) type analog for current consumption for example. thanks in advance.

Hi,

For Mosfet model you can refer to the paper
"Cunha, Ana I.A; Schneider, M.C; Galup-Montoro, C. An MOS-transistor Model for Analog Circuit Design. IEEE journal of Solid State Circuits, Vol 33, Oct 1998, No. 10."

As for circuits with nA currents you can use the CMOS Circuit Design book by Baker 2nd edition. you just need to size the Mosfets accordingly ( typicaly large L are required) you may have to use series connection of Mosfets to achieve the required length. You could search for series parallel OTA paper.

I had designed an OTA with 20nA bias current at 180nm Technology.

Hope this helps!

-Zopeon

Status
Not open for further replies.