Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low pice PIC Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee.prasad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller piko

Dear Friends

I want to buy about 50 PICs for our university projects.
What are the places in Internet with low price & currier service to Sri Lanka?

:| :| :|

pic16f917 shipping

Hi, Look on e-bay lost of people selling new microcontrollers from Atmel and Microchip for really good prices, some even offer 100 units for low prices like this one: AT89C2051 !! hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140273685790&Category=4663

future electronics shipping

What 's part number of PIC ?

pic microcontroller sample order sri lanka

Hi, I'm not sure if the Microchip samples policy has changed last months but it was possible to request 5 samples of 3 different chips (or something similar) for free. So, in that case, you only need to login with some different email accounts until you request the 50 you want.

You can look it up in their FAQ: http://sample.microchip.com/Default.aspx?testCookies=true

Kind regards.

tactor one pice prise

Greetings,

The sample policy at Microchip has changed.

They only allow 2 different samples and now they charge a handling fee of $7.50US.

The PIC16F917/916 will get 5 samples. All other microcontrollers get 3 samples (as far as I know).

counterfeit pic microcontroller

I want PIC 18F2550 with low price

Added after 12 minutes:

Dear friends

There is no any Microchip Regional Office in Sri Lanka. Therefore I can't request for Free samples.

good university in usa with low pice

I get most of my stuff at Newark PIC's are anywhere from 1/2 to 1/4 the price they are at Digikey for cut-tape.

One example I just bought ten of these.Price at Newark

Code:
http://canada.newark.com/microchip/pic10f220t-i-ot/8-bit-microcontroller-ic/dp/31K4981

Price at digikey Twice as much

Code:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=PIC10F220T-I/OTCT-ND

They do ship to Sri Lanka but I don't know what the pricing is for your country. You can check here select your Country in the drop down list. "Rest of the world"

Code:
http://www.farnellinone.com/farnell-newarkinone.htm

I would suggest you be very careful when purchasing off E-Bay and the like there are lots of counterfeit semiconductors out there. Use a manufacturers registered distributor it will save you some headaches.

funnynypd said:
Where do they ship your parts from? USA or Canada?
Do you pay duty if parts are shipped from USA?

According to them they have warehouse in various locations across US and Canada. I pay standard taxes GST/PST they apply the tax after the delivery charge. The UPS overnight delivery is $4.00 more then Digikey but your still ahead even if all I ordered was the PIC’s but I ordered about ten more items so I’m far ahead all were cheaper. They do offer other delivery methods which may be cheaper snail mail being one. Digikey becomes more competitive when you start getting into tape and reel, but still there usually more expensive. For tape and reel you should really go directly to the manufacturer anyways, why pay for a middleman.

I know some manufacturers may have deals with distributors this is one reason to never use single source components.

I keep hearing people complain that Newark is expensive but for me here in Canada they are consistently cheaper. Obviously if you’re just ordering a few things (1 or 2) the cheaper delivery from Digikey may become a factor. Digikey also has things Newark doesn’t have and Vice-versa another factor when ordering.

Me being the cheap Pr*ck that I am the other thing I like is they have sales on surplus inventory,and deliver %25 off vouchers to my email. I recently stocked up on +/- 20% inductors shielded SMD and thin film 1W and 2W current sense resistors 200mOHM to single digit mohm values.

funnynypd said:
We used to order many staff from Newark, then Allied Electronics took most of their business, especially in PIC section.

Yes allied was the first electronic distributor I dealt with I had to fill out and fax a bunch of paperwork before I could even buy anything off them. They are comparable in price for PIC’s 10 to 30 cents cheaper for a few I plugged in.

Future electronics is OK as well but I’ve done it enough now to know I’m usually ahead with Newark.

I used to have 4 or 5 distributors open in my browser and see which ones the cheapest, and has the items I want but now I just stick with mainly Newark unless they don’t have something then Digikey. If Newark’s prices all of a sudden spike I’ll explore my options.

It’s good to see more competition out there it keeps them from getting to greedy!

Almost all of them now sell in small quantities; they have to if they want to survive. They all wanted to sell tape and reel or ridiculous minimum quantities. They all woke up finally and realized that if a couple thousand people spend a couple hundred or a couple thousand dollars a year at their business it starts to add up. This is what I’ve come to expect from Canadian businesses but US businesses usually treat you the same if your spending one or one-hundred dollars.

You never know when the guy whose spending one dollar today might want to buy 10k down the road. Good business practice.

On my bill there is no duty just tax it works out to the equivalent of GST/PST. Whether the tax is duty or standard GST/PST I’m not sure, it just works out to what the GST/PST is.

They have been here since 2001.

Code:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_/ai_73588517

Bottom line for me they’re usually my cheapest source and stock the majority of the stuff I use. That’s the main problem I found with Future electronics when I’m looking at placing orders I kept seeing non-stock. If you can’t complete an order in one spot you just incur additional shipping cost by having to order from a different supplier.

Yes Digikey .ca is where I go, when I use Digikey it’s been a while though.

I also wish Newark would stock more zetex BJT’S (fast high gain low Vcesat) and stat getting Diodes Inc inventory they make some nice bjts as well as diodes of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.