Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low noise amplifier for Wifi ( LNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetaa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every body
please can you help me if it is possible
i m working on an application of LNA( Low Noise Amplifier) 2.5 GHz in order to use WiFi waves
i have to make a comparaison between differents LNA (2.5 GHz)
Can you please give me a comparaison of the differents types of LNA ( what makes the difference such us gain-frenqency-noise ... )

Thank you so much

Comparison is done by specs. of the LNAs..
Gain,Noise Figure,Reflections,Current Consumption,Bandwidth (if applicable),Nonlinearity ( IIP3,IIP5),Versatiliy,Feasibility,Cost etc..

Thank you BigBoss for your answer, can you tell me please what do you mean by IIP3, IIP5, OP1(dBm) and OIP3(dBm)

Thank you BigBoss for your answer, can you tell me please what do you mean by IIP3, IIP5, OP1(dBm) and OIP3(dBm)

IIP3:Input Third Order Intercept Point
IIP5:Input Fifth Order Intercept Point
OP1:1dB Output Power Compression Point ( at where the Gp drops down by 1dB from small signal value )
OIP3: Output Third Order Intercept Point=IIP3+Gp or more conveniently IIP3=OIP3-Gp because IIP3 can not be measured, OIP3 can...

OIP3=Power of any Carrier@Output in OIP3 setup ( there are two equal carriers applied )+Delta /2

Delta=Power of any Carrier in OIP3 setup@Output-Power of TOI@Output ( Third Order Intermodulation Product=2*f1-f2 or 2*f2-f1)

See textbooks for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.