Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low noise amplifier design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpramee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...
thanks 4 ur reply..
im using NE76000 mesfet model 4 my lna.my vdd is 3.3v. how will i select the bias to be given 2 the mesfet gate terminal after plotting the iv chara.. nothing specifically is given in the datasheet.. in one book it is given that 4 low noise n high power gain id is raised to 0.9idss..
while i plotted the id-vds chara i got idss as 25mA which is almost similar to the plot that is given in datasheet.. what -ve supply should i give..
please help..
thanks..

Last edited:

The data sheet at **broken link removed** already proposes a bias of 3 V and 10 mA.

How to design bias circuit for an RF amplifier is found here: **broken link removed**

and amplifier design tutorial incl noise figure optimization: **broken link removed**

I translate: 4=for, 2=to, n=and, ur=your ... but what is "chara"?

Status
Not open for further replies.