Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for websites and references about GCC ARM7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Folks,

I've been using PICs, but I've decided to retool to ARM7. It's great that there is a free GNU compiler. I'm looking for resources for GCC+ARM7: download sites for GCC, installation instructions, cheap basic target board (the kind that has one LED, one button and one pot). I have googled for these things already, but, for instance, I couldn't find the download site for ARM7 GCC. And in any case, suggestions from the forum are usually more useful than google.

Cheers!

P.S. I'm pretty sure that I'm asking stupid questions, so if there is a web page for GCC noobs and/or ARM7 noobs, please point me to it!

Re: GCC ARM7 resources

Thanks, guys! I have also found a book for GNU&ARM

"Embedded system design on a shoestring" by Lewin Edwards
ISBN 0750676094

Luckily, it's available on this forum:

Although, if this book will end up being useful, I will feel guilty for not paying the author. Well, it's a catch-22 with bootleg e-books.

Status
Not open for further replies.