Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Ultra Low Noise LNA for 4.4 5 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHolland

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Who has a design or knows a ultra low noise LNA for 4.4 5 GHz. Noise figure < 1 dB. Gain some 15 - 20 dB.

Paul.

PaulHolland said:
Hi, Who has a design or knows a ultra low noise LNA for 4.4 5 GHz. Noise figure < 1 dB. Gain some 15 - 20 dB.

Paul.
hello,
i am a newbie in RF, but doesn't the NF have a minumum value of 1 dB , i cannot understand how it will be less than 1 dB
regards

it will be discreete LNA , based on HEMT or HJFET simply it can give u the sub 1 dB NF

khouly

also paul
check
www.nec.com
and www.avagotech.com
when u design ur amp , selsct a substrate with low loss to get the best noise figure and also when u design ur matching circuit match for minimum noise figure
check gonzalez book

khouly

Fujitsu has also low noise PHEMT discrete component that is ver suitable low noise designs..

Integrated components can not down to 1dB at that frequency.

Also look at the Agilent pHEMT devices. Easy to use and very good performance.

The minimal noise figure is 0 dB, not 1 dB.

I advise Avagotech (ex-Agilent) pHEMTs.
You can accomplish the 1 dB noise figure easily.

You need just an S parameter file for the design. And you can design the input and output matching network easily from a Smith chart, which you image the constan noise figure circles and the constant gain circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.