Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for tutorials on OCP Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any good tutorials on OCP bus?

OCP Bus

pls read OCP specification and FAQs at ocpip.org

pls ask ur queries, i can reply as i am working on it now.

Re: OCP Bus

Hi there

regarding OCP-IP. Are the specs rigid, i mean is it a single specification to follow faithfully or a mixture of rules and recommendations?

Plus: i think OCP-IP is only delivered in SystemC. Is anybody working on VHDL version of a basic OCP-IP bus?

the_penetrator©

OCP design can be simplified by using Sonics SMX tool. This will generate both SystemC and HDL files. It has many other system bus features which are required by complex SOC designs.

As such, OCP organization gives SystemC models. One has to design his own OCP bus and interfaces.

U can choose which parts of OCP u need based on system requirements. OCP is flexible.

pls read OCP specification and FAQs at ocpip.org

pls ask ur queries, i can reply as i am working on it now.

Hi,

I just need to read/write register in OCP bus . Currently I'm using I2C for read and write but in hardware they changed the bus to OCP. So now i need to read and write to OCP bus . Please assist me how to read from OCP and how to write to OCP register.

Thanks and Regards
Chakravarthi Pradeep K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back