Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for small motor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunch

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Motor control circuit

Ok , I’m going to post this question again. The last time I posted this I couldn’t get a schematic of a circuit that I could use that was simple. Maybe by not wanting this thing to do so many things it will help. I am not familiar enough right now to work with PIC’s etc ant this should be a fairly simple circuit that could probably used a 555 or such which I understand a little bit. Right now I won’t make it do too many things at once. Here is what I need.
1. I have a small geared motor that’s 6 volts DC. No load is about 65 milliamps and with a load I can get it up to around 90 milliamps. I have a pushbutton and let’s say that I want an led on and sitting next to the pushbutton. I push the button and the shaft of the motor turns 1 time and stops until the next time the button is pushed.
2. Same scenario except the motor runs for 30 seconds and stops until button is pushed again.
3. Same scenario except no switch to push. The motor just runs for 30 seconds and stops for 1 hour and keeps repeating the same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
[/img]

Re: Motor control circuit

555 has source/sink current of up to 200mA so you should be able to drive your motor directly from its output (pin3) ..
Option1: you can use 555 in monostabile configuration (see picture below) and adjust time in such a way that the motor does only 1 turn .. Other option will require some sort of shaft encoder build around optocoupler or a switch ..

Option2: same 555 but time adjusted to 30s ..

Option3: same 555 with 30sec time and another 555 with 1hour time, both connected in series and looped to generate 30sec every hour ..

Regards,
IanP

Re: Motor control circuit

Timing the motor to onyl perform a single rotation seems to be the simples method. Somthing like optocoupler or limit switch migh provide more accurate results, if this is needed.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back