Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources on bistatic radars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mro83

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bistatic radars

Hi to all
I should prepare a report about the bistatic radars (the radars that don't send signals by theirself and use electromagnetic radiations present in the space to detect and track) and
I don't know where i can start.

plz help me

bistaic radars

hi

Bistatic radars operate with transmitter and receiver separated by a considerable distance. They were the first radars to be developed in the early 1930's, but with the invention of pulsed transmitters and duplexers, were totally replaced by monostatic radars starting in WW II. Since then bistatic radars have been "rediscovered" three times. The first resurgence occurred in the 1950's, with the development and deployment of semiactive homing missiles and satellite/missile tracking radars. The second resurgence occurred in the 1970's, primarily as a counter to the anti-radiation missile threat, but nothing became operational.

The third resurgence occurred in the 1990's when it was confirmed that bistatic receivers could exploit existing TV and FM broadcast transmitters. This phenomenon is sometimes called Passive Coherent Location (PCL); it is undergoing test and evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back