Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for references about 8031

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manish Sharma

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there ,
i am doing the project on 8031 microcontroller i know these are obsolete by 8051 and PIC but still i ve to do the project on that as i bond to so if any one can ve a good book on 8031 or know the writer's name please give it to me. And if i can put the 8031 over 8051 in any way means if it has any advantage over 8051 so please tell me . :?:

8031 project

Hi Manish,
What project do you intend to do?
If you give us the explaination (maybe brief) then we can guide you further.
By the way, why have you selected 8031, instead of the regularly available and the popular other MCS51 family of processors available from Atmel, Philips, Silicon Labs, etc. They have the same instruction set, pin-to-pin compatibility with 8031, ISP feature (because of this you do not have to purchase any IC programmer), etc.
MCS51 family and PIC are totally different families (and companies), so there not a single similarity between these families. Although each has got its own strong points. So for some applications PIC is better, for some MCS51 is better, and for some both (or either) are better, and some where both are NOT useful. So if you explain the application (project) then we can give you furhter suggestions.

Bye Thanks,

Mr. Kiran V. Sutar.

application based at microcontroller 8031

hai Manish,
There is one book available for us in India by Kennath J Ayala( I am not sure about the spelling of his name ),is good to start with which describes differences between 8051 and 8031 families as well as almost all details.Then you can look for one book by one MR. and MRs Maziddi.it is also describes in detais about application ,interfaces etc."Learning and custamising 8051 microcntrollers" by ... Sorry didnt remember the author.
These books are locally available for us. If you cannot locate them I will provide you correct details of publishers etc..if reqd.
goto www.8052.com ,download some example programs, purchase one AT89S52 from Atmel,construct one ISP programmer **broken link removed** (available here), then start learning by practice.
If you are for a medium project then 8031 will be an unwanted burden to use.
Good Luck
Picstudent

difference between 8051 and 8031 microcontroller

Hi Manish,
Please try to visite **broken link removed** and download their C51 compiler (demo version) and then install it. after You install it, You will get C:\keil folder, Please goto C:\keil\c51\hlp\finalwd.pdf

I thing this reference nice enought to read.
Hope helpfull.

PS:If you can't found it, You can PM me, I will upload this reference for You.

Siswanto

Last edited by a moderator:

difference between 8031 and 8051

hi frendz
thankx for your good response,actually i ve done the project on air pre heater fire detection system that is used in power plants (i 'd gone on traning at NTPC)with the hardware made by active/passive components now i wanna to change that circuitry in embedded system so i.e my project but i 've also ve to go thru a report on 8031 i.e why i need that also and the core is the main differece between 8051 and 8031 that i need . i ve also gone thru ayala and mazzidi but the difference is not there except with z80 & 8051 so if you can tell me the difference then please.
:?

8031 internal

Hai
As far as I know the main difference from 8051 and 8031 is that 8031 is not having an internal programe memorry for storing the application programme.You will have to burn the application code on some external eeprom and the 8031 will have to be programmed to read the code from that external memmory and exexute.But 8051 family will have a programe memmory onboard which we can programe and the chip will execute the code without any external memmory support. there may be other differences also but this seems to be the main one.
The book by Ayala is explaining these things I belive!
Good luck
Picstudent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back