Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan.bradley

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a small microcomputer board containing a modern microprocessor (e.g. ARM or PIC32) with an accessible external memory bus (i.e. something with at least 16 address pins and 8 data pins that will allow me to interface to memory mapped peripherals). On the board I need:
at least 2 serial ports; Ethernet; possibly optional WiFi, enough flash memory for my application, or at least a basic OS capable of running my application from memory card; interface to some kind of memory card (e.g. Compact Flash) for memory expansion; enough RAM for my application - say 64K. I do not need graphics, sound etc. Preferably the board needs to be low cost. I would most likely mount it as a daughterboard on a carrier board with the necessary IO circuitry on it.

Can you suggest a board that might do this job?

Thanks - Rowan

I bought the PCduino breadboard last year for about ~59 USD, but there is available another option which I will purchase soon that is the Cubieboard, for about 49 USD. Both are able to run an embedded LINUX operational system.

+++

What CPU chips do these two boards use? Do either of them expose an external memory type bus (address plus data pins)?

Thanks - Rowan

Both boards are based on the most recent ARM Cortex A8 core processor: Allwiner-A10.
Concerning to memory bus, it is internal to the board, and there are already assembled with 2GB/4GB NAND flash.

+++

I need a board which provides external access to a memory or memory mappped peripheral bus. I need this to interface to the rest of my system, which has a whole range of IO boards already designed, which use a 16 address plus 8 data bit bus (originally designed for 8051). This is the specific feature that I'm looking for. Some MCU chips seem to offer this, but I need a board with one of these chips on it.

Thanks - Rowan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…